The Corporate and Foundation Relations Team works with Michigan Medicine administrators, faculty, and staff to identify and promote opportunities for engagement with professional and family foundations, national associations and corporate foundations.
Among the services offered, our office provides assistance with each phase of the grant proposal process, from identifying and qualifying corporations and foundations, to planning, developing, and coordinating solicitations (including developing narratives and budgets), arranging site visits, and reporting and stewardship.
Michigan Medicine's Corporate and Foundation Relations Team works closely with the Medical School, the U-M Office of Research and Sponsored Projects, the Fast Forward Medical Innovation Program, the Business Engagement Center, and the U-M Office of Foundation Relations to ensure coordination and compliance with university policies and guidelines.
- We provide a list of foundations and corporations that may be interested in faculty research.
- We advise on approaching foundations and corporations and translate the language of foundations and corporations for researchers, and vice versa.
- We recruit and identify mentors and past successful applicants. We can help develop proposals, gift agreements and grant letters.
- We provide feedback on proposal drafts and reports, and assist with online applications.
- We track opportunities as they arise and advertise and target to specific faculty.
- We oversee the reporting requirement process
- We can introduce and engage university leadership in corporate and foundation relationships across campus.
- We help faculty, fundraisers and deans – think strategically about foundation and corporate support within units.
- We convene campus conversations around themes of interest to corporations and foundations.
The following websites provide resources and information about forthcoming RFPs (requests for proposals) and useful grant-writing tools:
A weekly non-federal RFP grant opportunities report from the Michigan Medicine Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations. The site provides a searchable resource to quickly review grant opportunities and provides an in-depth description of each RFP or award. A keyword matching auto-notification is also available. Subscribers may select up to five keywords for auto-notification of incoming grant opportunities.
Whether you’re looking for internal funding for a pilot or feasibility study, or just need recommendations on external funding resources like federal agencies or industry — start your funding search here. Search funding databases, set up email alerts to stay informed of new opportunities, and focus your search with these easy-to-use Find Funding tools.
A comprehensive site containing foundation-focused resources for faculty and staff. Examples of resources include foundation profiles, previously successful grant proposals, grant writing tool boxes and university information for grant submissions.
SAW is a searchable web interface for U-M's database of sponsored proposals and awards (via eRPM). SAW contains financial and demographic information relative to awarded proposals submitted through the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects on a Proposal Approval Form (PAF) since 1988.
* Login required using university uniqname and password.
To learn more about corporate and foundation giving, please contact:
Joe M. Piffaretti — Senior Director
Office: 734-763-1318 | mobile: 404-421-2012 | email@example.com
Greg Witbeck — Director
Office: 734-232-6017 | mobile: 734-276-5019| firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleen Sherman — Associate Director
Office: 734-615-0040 | mobile: 734-945-0856 | email@example.com