The Corporate and Foundation Relations Team at Michigan Medicine works with Michigan Medicine administrators, faculty, and staff to identify and promote opportunities for engagement with professional and family foundations, national associations and corporate foundations.
Among the services offered, our office provides assistance with each phase of the grant proposal process, from identifying and qualifying corporations and foundations, to planning, developing, and coordinating solicitations (including developing narratives and budgets), arranging site visits, and reporting and stewardship.
Michigan Medicine's Corporate and Foundation Relations Team works closely with the Medical School, the U-M Office of Research and Sponsored Projects, the Fast Forward Medical Innovation Program, the Business Engagement Center and the U-M Office of Foundation Relations to ensure coordination and compliance with university policies and guidelines.
- We provide a list of foundations and corporations that may be interested in faculty research.
- We advise on approaching foundations and corporations and translate the language of foundations and corporations for researchers, and vice versa.
- We recruit and identify mentors and past successful applicants. We can help develop proposals, gift agreements and grant letters.
- We provide feedback on proposal drafts and reports, and assist with online applications.
- We track opportunities as they arise and advertise and target to specific faculty.
- We oversee the reporting requirement process
- We can introduce and engage university leadership in corporate and foundation relationships across campus.
- We help faculty, fundraisers and deans – think strategically about foundation and corporate support within units.
- We convene campus conversations around themes of interest to corporations and foundations.
The following websites provide resources and information about forthcoming RFP’s (requests for proposals) and useful grant writing tools:
www.scangrants.com — Designed to facilitate the search for funding sources to enhance individual and community health. The funding sources listed here may be of interest to medical researchers, social workers, nurses, students, community-based health educators, academics and others.
www.fconline.foundationcenter.org * — A searchable database containing more than 81,000 national and international foundations. Includes giving focus, giving history and other foundation- specific details.
www.foundations.umich.edu/foundations/funding-opportunities/finding-foundations/medicine/ — The University of Michigan Health System and the Office of University Development have partnered with colleagues university-wide to provide detailed information on working with foundations; how to find the best prospects for you; how to write an inquiry or a full proposal with the foundation’s culture in mind; and even what the university has received from specific foundations in the past.
* Password protected–contact Michigan Medicine Corporate and Foundation Relations Team office for password.
** Login required using university unique name and password.
To learn more about corporate and foundation giving, please contact:
Joe M. Piffaretti – Senior Director
Office: 734-763-1318 | mobile: 404-421-2012 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Witbeck – Director
Office: 734-232-6017 | mobile: 734-276-5019| email@example.com
Colleen Sherman – Associate Director
Office: 734-615-0040 | mobile: 734-945-0856 | firstname.lastname@example.org